By Devina Gunawan
Songs can heal you. Songs can inspire you. Songs can make you feel stronger, better, and happier. Songs can turn your frown upside down. Songs can make the sun come up when you have the darkest, gloomiest days!
And sing those songs when you need them. Sing them over and over again until you feel so much better after a heartbreak. Sing them over and over again until you forget all the backstabbers in your life. Sing them over and over again until your tears are dried and you have left is laughter. Sing them until you find yourself again. Sing them until you feel truly beautiful.
Because when you feel beautiful, you are unstoppable.
And here are some songs I have in my playlist that usually make me feel happy and beautiful. It would be a waste if I never got to share them with you.
- Rihanna : Diamonds. “We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky” – if repeating that line many times in the song does not make you feel beautiful, I don’t know what will. This song is one of the favorites because it is repetitive and catchy. You know, just repeating that line will eventually make you feel like you really shine like diamonds.
- Selena Gomez : Who Says. “Who says you’re not beautiful?” – and even if someone does, ignore that person because you should never believe people’s words when they tell you that you’re not beautiful. Inner beauty shines brighter than the outer display. So make sure you understand perfectly that you are beautiful inside and out. Trust me when I tell you that the world will fall in love with you when you’ve learned to love yourself.
- Christina Aguilera: Beautiful. “We are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words won’t bring us down.” – Perfect. Do not let anyone’s words matter to you! There are very few people in this world who matter when it comes to making you feel beautiful. Your parents, who will never stop telling you that you are the most beautiful in the world, because they really think so and you should too. And your soulmate, who should be the only voice that matters because really, you don’t need other guys to judge your beauty when you already have your man loving it.
- Natasha Bedingfield : Unwritten. “Feel the rain on your skin, no one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in” – it’s such a wonderful song for you girls when you’re spoiling yourself and dancing in your room alone. This song is just for you, and singing it makes you feel like you matter in this world. Whoever wrote this song was a genius, and let’s appreciate the lyrics and get some dancing-in-the-room time!
- Beyonce : Diva. “I’m a diva!” – and yes you are! Live it like Beyonce does! You know why Beyonce is amazing? It’s because she believes she is beautiful and she lets the world know it. When people call her fat, she says, “I love my curves.” Now who can beat that? And she is fierce. She does not need anyone’s permission or approval. She is a total diva. And she lets everyone be one by singing this song too!
- I am the best by 2ne1. I have seen my friends sing to this song and dance like there is no tomorrow. They keep on repeating the line of “I am the best” and at that moment, they are! When songs feel personal to you and you sing it repeatedly, you will eventually believe it.
- Chikni Chameli by Shreya Ghoshal. You are a strong, beautiful, powerful woman. You are! You can get any man you want, because you are gorgeous! Sing to this song about a hundred times and you will feel like the most desired!
- Kuyakini by Siti Nurhaliza. This song will make you dance, jump, and have all the enthusiasm in the world. It makes you feel strong, and there is nothing wrong with it! Women need to feel powerful, strong, and invincible. And this is just the right song for you!